White Bean Hummus, Roasted Tomatoes and Wild Garlic Bowl
For spring, the D.O. RUEDA region challenged me to create 3 recipes, to pair with their unique Verdejo wines (yes, the three wines are vegan!)
This region is renowned in Spain and worldwide as an area of expertise in white wines. Their designation, D.O. RUEDA, is one of the few European vineyard regions specialized in the protection and development of its native Verdejo grapes, which they have been growing for over 10 centuries.
Their outstanding natural resources combined with their savoir faire has earned them the reputation of producing Spain’s n°1 white-wine.
To pair beautifully with this fresh, citrussy, apricotty Verdejo from Rueda, I decided to go with a creamy, rich, melt-in-your-mouth kind of recipe: white bean hummus, roasted cherry tomatoes and wild garlic bowl.
A perfect complementary combo to the Rueda wine "The Maker” from Bodegas Pedro Escudero that will just work magic for any occasion:
- A Saturday night aperitif
- A boozy Sunday brunch
- An easy dinner with friends or family
- A Netflix-n-chill night with your better half
Find the wine here: is there a link to purchase the wine? vinoversum.ch
More information here: dorueda.com
Serving: 4 people for an aperitif, for 2 people for dinner
Prep time : 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
For the hummus
470g white beans
40g lemon (1 whole lemon)
40g olive oil
30g soy sauce (or salt to taste)
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
For the roasted cherry tomatoes
30g cherry tomatoes
Salt to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste (for the extra spice)
Pinch of zaatar
Fresh wild garlic
Roasted pine nuts
Fresh cherry tomatoes
Dipping ingredient ideas
Warm pita bread
1. In a pan, on medium heat, roast the tomatoes in olive oil until blistered and juicy. Add the zaatar, red pepper flakes or paste and salt to taste. Combine well before serving on top of the hummus.
2. In a blender or food processor, mix the white beans, tahini, lemon, soy sauce, olive oil, cumin and garlic until smooth. Add a little water if the hummus is too thick.
3. Pour the hummus in a bowl and top with the roasted tomato mix.
4. Top with chopped wild garlic, roasted pine nuts, fresh cherry tomatoes and olives.
5. Toast or heat up some bread. In this version, we toasted fresh sourdough bread and added various crudités to the dinner board.
6. Enjoy with your favorite glass of D.O. RUEDA wine.